Many other recreation areas remain open at the time of this publication. However always check the website or call before you haul.
- Hillman Ferry, Energy Lake, Piney, and Wrangers Camp are closed.
- The Elk & Bison Prairie is open
- Turkey Bay OHV Area is open
- Most hiking and biking trails remain open as well as backcountry camping, except the following from March 15-21:
- Wranglers Trail 12
- North/South Trail-
- Closed from Cedar Pond to Fort Henry Road
- Going North Closed Milemarker 0-17
- Going South Closed Milemarker 41-58
- Fort Henry North/South Trail Connector (Connector #4)
- Ginger Bay Camping Area and Boat Ramp
- Jones Creek Boat Ramp
- Woodlands Nature Station is closed
- Homeplace 1850s Worksing Farm is closed
- North & South Welcome Centers are closed
- The Golden Pond Welcome Center and Planetarium is closed
- Moss Creek Day Use Area and Star Camp Day Use Area are closed
- The Woodlands Nature Station Girl Scout Day will be presented online through Facebook. The original event has been canceled.
To get more information on how COVID-19 is impacting Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley, visit our COVID-19 Impacts section of Explore Kentucky Lake.